The world of data is amorphous. Professionals across a myriad of fields are increasingly finding the use of raw, or “big” data to be useful. New tools to harness the power of data are being developed all of the time. New jobs related to data are being created. With all of this, new policies, projects and programs are being created in the private and public sector. There’s a lot going on!
To help keep abreast of these developments, we’ll be running a biweekly roundup of articles, blog posts, videos, tweets and more from around the web, related to all things: data.
Here are some dispatches from around the web in the wonderful, wide, (un)wieldy world of data.
- Business/Data Librarian at Lehigh University – Bethlehem, PA: From the University of Maryland MLS Blog
- Data & Business Librarian at Drake University – Des Moines, IA
- Data Scientist: A New Role For Librarians? < by Don Hawkins > < firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Data Driven Decision Making: Using Bibliometrics for Collection Analysis. < by Don Hawkins > < email@example.com >
- Advisory Panel Looks for “Moonshot” in Commerce Data
- It’s Time For Every Journalist to Learn Basic Data Skills
- Qlik Updates its Lineup of Data Visualization Software
- EPA’s Village Green Brings Air Quality Data To The People <
- Research Team Uses “Big Data” To Trace Clerk’s Influence on Supreme Court
- Microsoft Announces Azure Data Lake, A Data Repository For Big Data Analytics
- Big Data As A Service Is Next Big Thing
- I Went To A Cryptoparty To Ask Why People Want To Protect Their Data
- Research on Big Data and Visualizations Receives Major Funding
- A Best Case Research Library Scenario: The Partnership Data Service Profile Between Library & IT Services At NYU
- Library To Tackle Boston’s Data
Blogs by Librarians/Information Professionals
- Is Big Data Missing the Big Picture – < from www.librarianhats.net > < follow @mandosally >